We collect the following personal information about you in several ways:
a) Information you provide to us when you register and use our Service
- Registration information - when you register, we collect contact information such as your name, date of birth, email address and mobile number. We also collect information to authenticate you as an eligible patient such as your date of birth; your GP details in case of any safeguarding risk issues; and to authenticate your access to the Service by way of a password for your sign-in security.
- Assessment information - we collect information using standard structured patient assessment questionnaires both to initially establish what treatment plan is likely to be beneficial to your needs, and on an ongoing basis prior to each session of your subsequent care. Assessment information can cover a range of factors relevant to your experiences and how you are feeling in addition to your medical history, lifestyle, family, work and education.
- During the course of your treatment - This includes messaging between you and your therapist between sessions to arrange and provide you with information about your therapy sessions, the sessions themselves, the ‘homework’ activities and questionnaires completed, and the setting of goals. The sessions comprise a verbatim record of conversation between you and your therapist that are retained in the form of a transcript for text therapy or an audio file for video therapy, and which you can access through the account settings of the Service. This will include information relevant to and about how you are feeling at that point in time. You will be encouraged to record goals within your account, and we generate information about these treatment goals and assessment score graphs to help you and us to monitor and understand your progress
- Your queries or comments - we will collect information if you contact us for example with a question or comment about the Service and/ or its content.
- You always have the option to refuse to submit personally identifiable information to us but note that without this information, the Services may be unavailable to you.
b) Information we collect from other sources
We add to the information we collect from you with information we receive from other sources. This includes:
- Any referral information from the Payer, if for example you are referred to our service as part of a research project with a research institution, such as a university.
- Therapist notes - At the end of each session your therapist will produce a short set of clinical notes to summarise the session.
- Supervision notes – a therapist may share some of your details with their supervisor per section 2 below and receive advice and /or feedback. Where this affects the treatment you receive, and/or the outcome, it makes up part of your medical record with us.
- Demographic information - that is publicly available and that enables us to understand anonymous health statistics at postcode level.
c) Information collected automatically from your use of the Service
Certain information is collected automatically from your computer or device about your engagement with the Service. This includes:
- Session activity information - we collect information about you from your use of the Service. (E.g. when you log on, accept an appointment, join a session etc.)
- Device information - this includes information about whether you are using the service on a mobile, tablet or computer. This helps us understand how people interact with our service so that we can ensure the Service is optimised for different devices.
- Log information - we collect technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, (the unique address that identifies your device or computer on the internet), your browser type and when, how often and for how long you interact with the Service.
See here or read below for further information on cookies