We are pleased to offer an employment support service for people accessing talking therapies services. Many people experience employment difficulties which impact on their wellbeing. Work and unemployment can affect our mental health causing stress, anxiety and/or depression.
The employment support service is here to help if you are experiencing any of these issues and would like help in seeking new opportunities or support to improve your current employment situation.
This service is free and available to anyone in specific geographic locations aged 18+ and accessing our talking therapies service. We can help if you are:
- Unemployed and seeking new opportunities
- Employed and want to change jobs
- Experiencing problems at work, such as unfair treatment, discrimination or bullying
- Facing redundancy
- Looking for careers advice or thinking of a career change
- Struggling to get the right support at work
- Careers advice
- Job search support and notification of new vacancies
- Help with CV’s and covering letters
- Support with job applications and interview skills training
- Advice about education courses and training opportunities
- Information on voluntary work
- Advice and support about employment issues e.g. unfair employment practices
- Advice about how to get mental health support in the workplace
-Signposting to other agencies, e.g. Citizens Advice or ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
We comply with NHS confidentiality guidelines, which means that information relating to you and your treatment will remain strictly confidential.
Details of how we store and use information can be found in our privacy notices.
We do not inform the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about any information that will affect benefits. This service is voluntary, and you can choose to withdraw at any time.
The information that will be shared is:
- Your name
- NHS Number
- Contact details
- GP surgery
- Employment status