Thank you for your interest in the App. Please read these important legal notices and the terms and conditions in their entirety.
The notices in Part 1 (“Notices”) and the terms and conditions set out in Part 2 (“Terms”) together constitute the “User Agreement” and govern the use of the App. By downloading or using the App or clicking “I agree to the User Agreement”, you confirm that you have read and you agree to the User Agreement. This User Agreement creates a legally binding agreement between you and ieso. If you download the App but do not wish to proceed on the basis set out in the Terms then you must not use any functionality of the App.
In this User Agreement, the “App” means the ieso app, which gives you access to a software-based conversational agent that will enable you to obtain self-guided support for managing symptoms of stress, anxiety and worry, including by providing you with relevant videos, written psycho-educational content and interactive activities and worksheets, or other similar resources (the “Resources”), and together with any related software, websites or services and any changes, updates, releases or versions relating to any of them provided by ieso; “ieso”, “us”, “our”, and “we” means the organisation distributing the App which is Ieso Digital Health (UK) Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales with company registration number 10291122 and having its registered office at The Jeffrey’s Building, Cowley Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, CB4 0DS; “ieso Parties” means ieso and its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, and all their officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors, but excluding the therapists in our network, who are independent providers; and “user”, “you”, “your” and “yours” refers to you, as the user of the App.
A. Access to the App. ieso can only offer access to the App where this is covered by an applicable NHS commissioning contract or to enable participation in ieso’s research studies. Access to the App is only made available once you have completed registration for a user account with ieso and where ieso has provided you with an access code.
B. Instructions for Use. ieso’s Instructions for Use for the App as may be amended from time to time (the “Instructions for Use”) set out the intended purpose of the App and the types of user for whom the App is, and is not, intended. You must read the Instructions for Use before using the App and you agree to follow the Instructions for Use at all times. The App should not be used for any other purpose or by users experiencing certain health conditions and you must check the Instructions for Use for further details.
C. Medical Notices.
D. Privacy. The App cannot function as intended without processing data about you, which data may include information about your health. The App's current Privacy Notice explains how ieso collects, uses, and protects the personal information of App users, including personal health information. By agreeing to this User Agreement and/or using the App, you are also agreeing to the terms of our Privacy Notice, which is incorporated into and deemed a part of this User Agreement.
E. Technical Requirements. The App is only supported on devices or operating systems meeting certain minimum technical requirements which are as follows:
- an Apple device that runs iOS 16 as a minimum; or
- an Android device that runs Android 13 and above as a minimum.
In addition, you must have access to a high-speed internet connection or mobile data.
The current minimum technical requirements may be updated from time to time by changing the Notices or posting any changes on ieso’s website, www.iesohealth.com. You are responsible for the cost of providing a suitable device and an internet connection or mobile data for your device to use the App.
F. Artificial Intelligence Notice. You can engage with the App via a chat window, like a text conversation, and the App will provide you with Resources delivered through a software-based conversational agent. The Resources provided by the App have been created by qualified and accredited therapists and psychological wellbeing practitioners and are intended to be informative and helpful; however, the Resources should not be considered medical advice and they are not a substitute to consulting with a therapist or other qualified experts in person or face-to-face by video link. The Resources you receive and the order in which you receive them are personalised based on the information you provide to the App. However, the Resources are selected by a software-based conversational agent that has been trained using artificial intelligence techniques and the messages and Resources generated by the App are not reviewed in real-time by a human before they are made available to you in the App. The conversational agent does not have real-time awareness and it is limited in its ability to understand your responses and the Resources it can provide to you. We are continually working to improve our AI model and the adequacy of the Resources it provides; however, we cannot guarantee the complete absence of errors or inaccuracies.
G. For users who have specifically been invited to participate in Research Studies. Where you have been invited to use the App in a research study, additional provisions may apply and those arrangements will be set out in writing for you to consider when you decide whether to take part in the research study. If there is any conflict between the information provided in connection with the research study and the provisions of these Notices, then the research study provisions will apply in priority to the provisions set out in the Notices in respect of the research study.
H. End User License. The App is licensed to you (not sold) on the following basis. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or authorized in writing by ieso, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the App, the software or content (including the Resources) or any part or parts thereof available on the App, in whole or in part. Subject to ieso issuing you with an access code, ieso grants you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive right and license to access and use the App on devices that you own or control PROVIDED THAT you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the App, except where permitted by law. You agree not to access the App by any means other than through the interfaces that are provided by ieso. The App and all of its content, including but not limited to the Resources, text, images, graphics, logos, and software, are the property of ieso or its licensors and are protected by intellectual property laws. You may not use the App or any of its content (including the Resources) for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of ieso or for any illegal purpose. It is your obligation to delete the App and any related data if you sell, loan, give away or otherwise dispose of devices on which the App has been installed.
I. App Store Mandatory Conditions. Additional conditions may be imposed by the App Store from which you download the App. Please see your App Store user agreement and Section 12 of the Terms below for further details.
J. Updates. ieso reserves the right to modify or update this User Agreement or the App at any time, including (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, (b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, such as to address a security threat, or (c) to reflect any changes in our processes or procedures or ways of doing business. Your continued use of the App after any such modification or update constitutes your acceptance of the changes. However, if we intend to make more significant changes to this User Agreement or to the App, we will give you reasonable advance notice, either through the App or by email, and you will have the right to terminate this User Agreement and stop using the App before the changes take effect.
About ieso and how to contact us. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the App. You can contact us at email@example.com or via a contact form provided in the App. If you need to contact ieso regarding data privacy, please see the App’s Privacy Notice for contact details. You may give any other legal notices to ieso at firstname.lastname@example.org or at The Jeffreys Building, Cowley Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, CB4 0DS. Such notice shall be deemed given when it has been received by ieso at the relevant address.
Account registration and access to the App. In order to use the App you must complete a two-step process of registration and access. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information at all times during registration and use of the App. You may register via a third party (such as an NHS organisation) and, if you do so, you hereby authorize the third party and ieso to share and use relevant information about you, including health information, in connection with your registration for the App. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password associated with your account or device and for restricting access to your password or your devices while logged into the App. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or from your devices. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other concern relating to breach of your account security. ieso reserves the right to decline or cancel your registration or access to the App if you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation, or access that we need to enable us to provide the App, or if you are in breach of this Section 2.
3. Payment. You will not be charged by ieso for using the App and the App does not ask for any payment details. You must not input any payment card details or other financial information into the App via the text-messaging function.
can read and write English at a 6th grade level at a minimum;
the App is intended for as set out in the Instructions for Use;
use the App in accordance with its intended use as set out in the Instructions for Use;
provide their own devices, and internet connection, that meet the minimum technical requirements, as set out in Section E of the Notices;
are at least 18 years old on the date the App is downloaded;
are resident in England, Wales or Scotland;
have registered and received an access code from ieso for use of the App; and
comply with the Acceptable Use Policy, set out below.
If you do not meet these criteria you must not use the App. As this is a health App, it is your responsibility to ensure that the App is not used by or shared with other family members or friends.
5. Acceptable Use Policy. You must not use the App to do any of the following things:
break the law or encourage any unlawful activity;
send or upload anything that is (or might be considered to be) defamatory, offensive, obscene or discriminatory;
use the App in conjunction with any stream-ripping, stream capture or similar software to record or create a copy of any content that is presented to you in streaming format;
infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights (for example, by using or uploading someone else’s content);
remove any watermarks, labels or other legal or proprietary notices or attempt to modify any content obtained through the App (including the Resources);
transmit any harmful software code such as viruses;
try to gain unauthorised access to computers, data, systems, accounts or networks, including by assisting in circumventing, disabling or defeating any of the security features or components that protect or otherwise restrict access to the App; or
deliberately disrupt the operation of anyone’s website, app, server or business.
6. Collection of technical information. We may collect and use technical data that might include, for example, the specifications of your device and its software in order to help us provide software updates, product support, and other services related to the App. We may also use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve products or to offer new services or technologies to you. Please refer to our Privacy Notice for further details.
7. Use of your Input Information and Feedback. You are responsible for ensuring that the information and data that you provide during registration and use of the App is your own. You agree not to provide information and data that is not yours or which you do not have the right to provide. Ieso does not own the information that you provide to the App (“Input Information”) but you hereby grant ieso a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, de-identify, translate or create derivative works from the Input Information for ieso’s business purposes including, without limitation, for the purpose of researching, developing or improving new and/or existing products and services. Ieso welcomes your comments, feedback, suggestions, and other communications regarding the App and the information and services we make available through the App (collectively, “Feedback”). If you provide Feedback, you hereby grant to ieso a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display and perform and otherwise exploit such Feedback and to use, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and export products and services based on such Feedback. You irrevocably waive: any right to be identified as an author, any right to object to any treatment of Input Information or Feedback, or any other moral rights that may exist in relation to Input Information and Feedback. For this reason, we ask that you not send ieso any Input Information or Feedback that you do not wish to license to us as set forth above.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for any death or personal injury caused by negligence, liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that the law does not allow to be excluded or limited.
While we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the App’s reliability and accessibility, you understand and agree that no platform can be fully reliable and accessible and so we cannot guarantee that access to the App will be uninterrupted or that it will be accessible, consistent, timely or error-free at all times.
9. Force Majeure. ieso shall not be held responsible for delays or non-performance caused by activities or factors beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, war, pandemic, weather, strikes, floods, lockouts, fires, acts of God, terrorism, and/or delivery, vendor, supplier, or other third party delays, non-performance, or failures of any kind including, without limitation, failures of internet connectivity or outages at data centres.
10. External Services. The App may enable you to access services and websites that ieso does not own or operate (referred to below as ‘external services’). ieso is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of these external services. Before using them, make sure you have read and agreed to the terms on which they are being offered to you including the way in which they may use your personal information. You must not use external services in any way that: (i) is inconsistent with the User Agreement or with the terms of the external service; or (ii) infringes our intellectual property rights, or the intellectual property rights of any third party. From time to time, we may change or remove the external services that are made available through the App.
11. Contacting Users. If ieso needs to get in touch with you, it will usually do so by the current email you have provided to us or by providing you with a notification in the App.
You shall continue to be bound by the App Store rules that apply to users as set out by your App Store provider from time to time;
You and ieso each acknowledge that:
these Terms are concluded between you and ieso and not with the provider of the App Store, such as Apple or Google (“App Store Provider”);
the App Store Provider has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App;
to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Store Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be ieso’s responsibility;
the App Store Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (1) product liability claims; (2) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (3) claims arising under consumer protection, privacy, or similar legislation, if applicable;
in the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, that ieso, not the App Store Provider, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim; and
the App Store Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries under these Terms and that, upon your acceptance of the Terms, the App Store Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
c. If you downloaded the App from the Apple App, then in addition to the Terms, you and ieso each acknowledge that: the End-User Licence in Section H of Part 1 is limited to use of the App on any Apple-branded products that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law: These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
Disputes: Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England or in the courts of another part of the UK in which you live.
14. Severability. If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed deleted.
15. Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
16. Assignment. ieso may assign or otherwise transfer any or all of its rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party in its sole discretion. We'll contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you're unhappy with the transfer you can contact us to end the User Agreement within five (5) working days of us telling you about it. You may not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your duties hereunder at any time without ieso’s prior written consent in each instance, and any attempt to do so shall be null and void.