Accessing online CBT in Merton
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychological therapy that helps you understand and recognise how some of your thoughts can affect your actions and behaviour. This in turn can influence the way you feel. This has been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of emotional and physical health conditions.
Within online CBT sessions, your therapist will work with you to change these thinking patterns and behaviours, leading to improving your mental wellbeing.
- How can Ieso help?
Ieso Digital Health is working to increase access to high quality cognitive behavioural therapy. With Ieso, CBT is delivered in real time over the internet by a fully qualified therapist. Online CBT sessions follow the same format as traditional face-to-face therapy but take place in a secure online therapy room, allowing you to attend from anywhere you feel most comfortable. All you need is a device that can connect to the internet.
Online CBT can be used to treat a range of common mental health disorders. Some of these include:
- Depression (including clinical and perinatal)
- Fears and phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety and shyness
- Am I eligible?
Ieso Digital Health is providing services on behalf of the NHS. Therefore, the NHS’s guidelines apply. To be eligible for this service you must be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Registered with a GP in Merton
- Or be a resident of Merton
How can I refer?
You can refer yourself directly to our service. Self-referring allows you to access online therapy quickly and easily without the need to visit your GP. Refer yourself by clicking on the "Refer yourself" button below, or by calling our Patient Services team who will help to complete your referral over the phone.
- Appointments can be scheduled for any time of day, including evenings and weekends
- Sessions can be attended from anywhere you have access to the internet, whether this is with a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Therapy sessions can be accessed discreetly with no need to visit your GP
- Talking online can remove the pressure of having a face-to-face conversation, whilst typing can allow you to gather your thoughts before sending them
- Transcripts from therapy sessions are saved securely in your online therapy account forever, allowing you to look back over sessions and remind yourself of the techniques you’ve learnt
- You can refer yourself directly to the service without the need to wait for a referral from your GP, if you wish
Our Patient Services team will be happy to assist with your referral and any questions that you might have about Ieso Online Therapy.
Call: 0800 074 5560 between 09:00 - 17:30 (UK time).
Or email: email@example.com