- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychological therapy that helps you understand and recognise how some of your thoughts can affect your actions and behaviour. This in turn can influence the way you feel. This has been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of emotional and physical health conditions.
Within CBT sessions, your therapist will work with you to change these thinking patterns and behaviours, leading to improving your mental wellbeing.
- How can Ieso help?
Ieso Digital Health is working to increase access to high quality cognitive behavioural therapy. With Ieso, CBT is delivered in real time over the internet by a fully qualified therapist. Online CBT sessions follow the same format as traditional face-to-face therapy but take place in a secure online therapy room, allowing you to attend from anywhere you feel most comfortable. All you need is a device that can connect to the internet.
Online CBT can be used to treat a range of common mental health disorders. Some of these include:
- Depression (including perinatal)
- Fears and phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety and shyness
- Am I eligible?
Ieso Digital Health is providing services on behalf of the NHS. Therefore, the NHS’s guidelines apply. To be eligible for this service you must be:
- Registered with a GP in East Riding of Yorkshire
- Aged 18 or over (or 16 and over if not in full time education)
- Appointments can be scheduled for any time of day, including evenings and weekends
- Sessions can be attended from anywhere you have access to the internet, whether this is with a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Therapy sessions can be accessed discreetly with no need to visit your GP
- Talking online can remove the pressure of having a face-to-face conversation, whilst typing can allow you to gather your thoughts before sending them
- Transcripts from therapy sessions are saved securely in your online therapy account forever, allowing you to look back over sessions and remind yourself of the techniques you’ve learnt
- You can refer yourself directly to the service without the need to wait for a referral from your GP, if you wish
How can I refer?
You can refer yourself directly to our service. Self-referring allows you to access online therapy quickly and easily without the need to visit your GP. Refer yourself by clicking on the "self-refer" button below, or by calling our Patient Services team who will help to complete your referral over the phone.
We find that around 1 in 5 of our patients benefit from further sessions to refresh their memory of the techniques and strategies they learned.
If you have previously had therapy with Ieso and would like to re-refer to the service, please call our Patient Services team.
Our Patient Services team will be happy to assist with your referral and any questions that you might have about Ieso Online Therapy.
Call: 0800 074 5560 between 09:00 - 17:30 (UK time).
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org