Accessing online CBT in Dorset and Southampton
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychological therapy that helps you understand and recognise how some of your thoughts can affect your actions and behaviour. This in turn can influence the way you feel. This has been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of emotional and physical health conditions.
Within online CBT sessions, your therapist will work with you to change these thinking patterns and behaviours, leading to improving your mental wellbeing.
- How can Ieso help?
Ieso Digital Health is working to increase access to high quality cognitive behavioural therapy. With Ieso, CBT is delivered in real time over the internet by a fully qualified therapist through written conversation. Online CBT sessions follow the same format as traditional face-to-face therapy but take place in a secure online therapy room, allowing you to attend from anywhere you feel most comfortable. Appointments are usually 30 or 60 minutes long and you can access your session from any device that connects to the internet.
Online CBT can be used to treat a range of common mental health disorders. Some of these include:
- Depression (including perinatal)
- Fears and phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety and shyness
- Am I eligible?
Ieso Digital Health is providing services in partnership with Steps 2 Wellbeing for patients currently on their CBT waiting list. To be eligible for this service you must be:
- Registered with a GP in Dorset or Southampton
- Aged 18 or over
- Currently on a waiting list for CBT with Steps 2 Wellbeing
If you are currently on a waiting list for CBT with Steps 2 Wellbeing, you should have received a letter from Steps 2 Wellbeing explaining that you have the option to choose online CBT with Ieso. Once you receive your letter, if you decide that you would like to take advantage of the option, simply inform us of your decision by:
- Calling 01954 230066 (9am – 5:30pm weekdays) and quote the reference number found on your letter or;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reference number and decision ('Yes' or 'No') in the subject line.
Or call them on:
Southampton - 02380 272000
Bournemouth and Christchurch – 01202 399506
Poole, Purbeck and East Dorset – 0300 123 1120
West and North Dorset – 01305 367051
- Appointments can be scheduled for any time of day, including evenings and weekends
- Sessions can be attended from anywhere you have access to the internet, whether this is with a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Therapy sessions can be accessed discreetly with no need to visit your GP
- Talking online can remove the pressure of having a face-to-face conversation, whilst typing can allow you to gather your thoughts before sending them
- Transcripts from therapy sessions are saved securely in your online therapy account forever, allowing you to look back over sessions and remind yourself of the techniques you’ve learnt