Accessing online CBT in Cambridgeshire
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychological therapy that helps you understand and recognise how some of your thoughts can affect your actions and behaviour. This in turn can influence the way you feel. This has been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of emotional and physical health conditions.
Within online CBT sessions, your therapist will work with you to change these thinking patterns and behaviours, leading to improving your mental wellbeing.
- How can Ieso help?
Ieso Digital Health is working to increase access to high quality cognitive behavioural therapy. With Ieso, CBT is delivered in real time over the internet by a fully qualified therapist through written conversation. Online CBT sessions follow the same format as traditional face-to-face therapy but take place in a secure online therapy room, allowing you to attend from anywhere you feel most comfortable. Appointments are usually 30 or 60 minutes long and you can access your session from any device that connects to the internet.
Online CBT can be used to treat a range of common mental health disorders. Some of these include:
- Depression (including perinatal)
- Fears and phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety and shyness
- Am I eligible?
Ieso Digital Health is providing services in partnership with Psychological Wellbeing, the IAPT provider for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Trust. To be eligible for this service you must be:
- Registered with a GP in Cambridgeshire
- Aged 18 or over
How can I refer?
Your local IAPT service
Improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) is the government initiative to increase the number of people receiving appropriate treatment for mental health illnesses across the UK.
Your local IAPT provider is Psychological Wellbeing Service. If you have decided that you want to do online CBT with Ieso, you will need to refer yourself to Psychological Wellbeing and inform them of your decision. They will also be able to help you understand all the different treatment options available in your area.
Alternatively, you telephone one of the numbers below and speak to a member of their team who will take your referral and book a telephone appointment with one of their Practitioners:
- Cambridge: 01223 884422
- Peterborough: 01733 748474
- Huntingdon: 01480 415209
- Fenland: 01945 482100
- Appointments can be scheduled for any time of day, including evenings and weekends
- Sessions can be attended from anywhere you have access to the internet, whether this is with a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Therapy sessions can be accessed discreetly with no need to visit your GP
- Talking online can remove the pressure of having a face-to-face conversation, whilst typing can allow you to gather your thoughts before sending them
- Transcripts from therapy sessions are saved securely in your online therapy account forever, allowing you to look back over sessions and remind yourself of the techniques you’ve learnt