Camden: free online cognitive behavioural therapy now available
For the first time, NHS patients in Camden suffering with anxiety and depression can access innovative and highly effective cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), all without having to step outside the front door or visit a GP.
Ieso Digital Health’s unique text-based CBT allows you to have one-on-one sessions with an experienced, fully qualified therapist online in real-time. It is clinically proven to be highly effective in the treatment of a range of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
The service was developed to increase flexibility and access to therapy: there are no waiting lists, appointments can be booked for any day or time, and each session can take place anywhere to suit you. All you require is a computer or smartphone and a reliable internet connection.
If you are feeling anxious or depressed, but are either unable to access face-to-face CBT or prefer to try a more discreet service that can fit around your lifestyle, you can be referred to Ieso Digital Health following the instructions below.
Here are some of the questions we are often asked:-
What is CBT?
- CBT focuses on developing strategies for tackling unhelpful thoughts and feelings that can affect how we feel.
- CBT has a strong evidence-base for addressing specific problems and it is often offered to treat depression and a range of anxiety problems.
- CBT focuses on your current problems and looks for practical ways to help you to overcome your problems on a daily basis. It aims to help you identify and break unhelpful cycles or patterns in thinking, feeling and behaving.
Who can benefit from CBT?
- CBT can help people with depression and anxiety problems. This includes anxiety disorders such as persistent worry, panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- CBT is also helpful in treating many other conditions, including: chronic fatigue, chronic pain, physical symptoms without a medical diagnosis and sleep difficulties.
What is online CBT?
Ieso Digital Health provides CBT where people communicate with their therapist online using instant messaging during each pre-arranged session. There is no video or audio; the therapy takes the form of a written conversation. The writing process is a very helpful part of the therapy as it helps to re-train your thinking, and you will have a written transcript to read later to help regain the benefit.
The secure website is simple to use; all you need is a smartphone or computer and an internet connection. Ieso Digital Health has a Patient Services Team that you can call in advance of your sessions to help with any technical queries you might have.
You can book an appointment when it is convenient to you, including evenings and weekends, and you can choose to have the session at home so you don’t need to travel.
Why is Camden introducing online therapy?
The NHS wants to offer patient choice and also increase access to therapy so patients who have problems getting to face-to-face appointments – perhaps because they work, have young children or are disabled - don’t need to travel.
Who can access the service?
You can refer yourself to the service or you can ask your GP for a referral. To be eligible for online CBT, you must either be registered with a GP in Camden, or live in Camden with no GP, and aged 18 or over. You can access the service without telling your GP.
How can I access the service?
Register now or call 0800 0745560 (Weekdays, 9am - 5.30pm). Alternatively, contact your GP and ask for a referral to Ieso Digital Health (they are an IAPT provider).
Ieso Digital Health will need some registration details from you. Ieso Digital Health will then send details on how to get started and you will be contacted by your therapist to arrange your first appointment at your convenience.